You should live here if you enjoy the finer, well-tailored things in life. You want to live near downtown, but in a fabulous older home with a manicured lawn. You can appreciate the bohemian vibe of Austin but lean more towards the sophisticated and cultured events/restaurants/gallery openings/etc.
Pemberton Heights is where Austin’s upper crust lives in stately homes, including old money families, state-level politicians and high-powered lawyers. I love driving through this neighborhood like a slack-jawed yokel, checkin’ out the purty mansions. Clarksville, Enfield, and Rosedale have smaller homes from the 1920s-50s that have a lot of charm. Bryker Woods and Tarrytown have a mixture of smaller homes and larger ones, some of the McMansion variety.
- Major neighborhood names: Pemberton Heights, Tarrytown, Clarksville, Enfield, Bryker Woods, Rosedale
- ZIP codes to use in MLS searches: 78703, 78705, 78756, 78731
- 2021 median listing price: $1.2M
- 2021 price/sq ft: $541
- Rental Prices: Upper range of market
- Schools: Ranked 6-9 out of 10